28 Jul Stay in Touch-Stay Top of Mind
Did you know that marketing your business through email marketing is preferred by your specifiers? Our recent survey among architects, engineers, and lighting designers showed a 50% preference to learn about a lighting agency’s new products or services were through newsletters or bulletins. Those surveyed were very clear on the content that they would like to receive. 69% would rather see application photos, infographics, images or illustrations. 56% prefer short articles or content. Interestingly, only 31% surveyed were interested in video content.
Email marketing can be a very effective tool in your arsenal if it is well thought out, consistent and holds the interest of your customer. What are the key points of a good email marketing strategy? Here are 5 quick tips
- Consistency – Decide on how often to send your newsletter and stick to it. Customers will learn to expect when they will receive your information.
- Plan- Make sure that your content has a consistent format so that your customers can immediately recognize you and the information you provide
- Segment- Lighting Designers are looking and products differently than landscape architects. Segment your newsletter into groups to meet the needs of each.
- Timing- Be aware of the time of day you send your newsletter. Think about very early mornings, late evenings or even weekends when customers have more time
- Responsive Design-Make sure your newsletter looks as good on a mobile device as it does on the computer
For lighting agencies, time is the largest factor in having a consistent email marketing strategy, yet it is perhaps one of the key components in helping to stay top of mind among customers. Email marketing works in conjunction with a content rich website providing resources and tools as part of an overall marketing strategy. Customers are looking for that interaction and expertise. With a consistent plan, lighting agencies can find a strength within a competitive market place when it’s time to make a call.
Lana Rice is president of Luminaire Marketing, a marketing and consultant agency for the commercial lighting industry. “We are changing the way the lighting industry does business.” Luminaire Marketing is the developer of The Luminaire Selector, a fresh new marketing and sales tool built specifically for lighting agencies and the manufacturers they represent.